Relish Business Class Deals to Ho Chi Minh City
Local Airport Provides Many Business Class Deals to Ho Chi Minh City
Luckily for international travelers, Ho Chi Minh City is served by Vietnam’s busiest airport: Tan Son Nhat. Flights from North America to Tan Son Nhat Airport are available from several airlines. Companies offering this route include American, Air Canada, Japan Air and Korean Air and Cathay Pacific airlines. Popular routes include New York, Los Angeles, Houston, San Francisco and Washington D.C. These flights are not non-stop, however, and travelers can expect a layover in Hong Kong or Seoul.
Traveling to Vietnam requires some patience, even for visitors who travel via business class. Traffic around the airport can be congested, and wait times at the customs desk can be lengthy. Even so, there are many benefits of traveling to Ho Chi Minh City’s popular airport.
- The airport is less than five miles from the city center.
- Chauffeured car service to and from the airport is relatively inexpensive and takes 15 to 20 minutes. Private chauffeur service can be reserved ahead of time or coordinated at the airport.
- Local buses serve the airport every 15 minutes, linking the airport to Ho Chi Minh City’s busy Pham Ngu Lao Street. The trip takes about 45 minutes.
Business Class Deals to Ho Chi Minh City Via Alternate Airports
With Ho Chi Minh’s location at the southern tip of Vietnam, most other regional airports are a fair distance away. Even so, there are a number of alternatives to flying into Ho Chi Minh City. These options can be convenient if travelers plan to do more extensive treks of Southeast Asia.
- The closest alternative international airport to Ho Chi Minh City is Cambodia’s Phnom Penh. Flights between North America and Phnom Penh’s airport are not direct. Direct bus service from Phnom Penh Airport to Ho Chi Minh City is available and takes about six hours. Some border scams exist, so travelers should research their bus operator carefully.
- Da Nang Airport is located in the center of Vietnam, but it’s more than 500 miles from Ho Chi Minh City. It’s the third busiest airport in Vietnam and operates a bustling international terminal. While flights connect Da Nang with several North American cities, none of the flights are direct. While Da Nang isn’t necessarily a better option, travelers may enjoy its variety of business class deals to Ho Chi Minh City via Da Nang.
- Hanoi’s Nội Bài Airport is more than 1,000 miles from Ho Chi Minh City. As a result, it’s usefulness as an alternative to Tan Son Nhat Airport is limited. Bus and train service is available from Nội Bài Airport to Ho Chi Minh City. The trip takes 31 to 33 hours.
Convenient Bus Service Complements Business Class Deals to Ho Chi Minh City
Once in Ho Chi Minh City, visitors have a variety of ground transportation options. Public buses are rather easy to use and affordable, and they’re a great way to mingle with locals. Ben Thanh bus station is convenient to most Ho Chi Minh City attractions.
- Ben Thanh Market is the perfect spot for visitors to haggle with souvenir vendors and enjoy a variety of local dishes.
- The Fine Arts Museum is housed in a beautiful colonial mansion and boasts an excellent collection of Vietnamese art.
- Saigon Skydeck-Bitexco Financial Tower is five blocks from the bus station. Ride the elevator up to the 48th floor for incredible panoramic views of the city. The building also houses a variety of shops, fine restaurants, casual eateries and theaters. The building was named the No. 2 “Coolest Skyscraper in the World” in 2015.
Explore the Region with Business Class Deals to Ho Chi Minh City
While some travelers enjoy the daily bustle of local bus service for exploring a new city, others prefer more privacy. Local taxi and private car services are relatively inexpensive, abundant and convenient. They're especially good options for travelers who want to explore the city's suburbs and outlying areas. It’s always a good idea to research taxi and private car services before booking however. Popular day trip options from Ho Chi Minh City include:
- the Mekong Delta,
- Ho Tram Beach,
- coastal Vung Tau,
- Monkey Island,
- Cu Chi Tunnels and
- Cao Dai Temple.